The California Taxpayers Association is working to represent taxpayers like you.
We have been on the front lines supporting sound tax policy and government efficiency since 1926. Whether the conversation is taking place in legislative proceedings, the courts, at the ballot box or with tax agency leaders, CalTax provides a strong and respected voice for taxpayers.
CalTax’s members include government affairs, legal, tax and finance professionals working at small businesses and Fortune 500 companies, as well as individual taxpayers. In the past year, CalTax served our members on a broad set of issues:
- Co-leading the fight to save Proposition 13 and defeat the split-roll property tax increase that will appear on the November 2020 ballot.
- Working to defeat major tax increases in the California Legislature, including higher corporate income taxes, research and development tax credit elimination, and a sales tax on services.
- Engaging directly with Governor Gavin Newsom and the Legislature, in discussions on federal tax conformity.
- Representing taxpayers in tax agency “interested parties” meetings.
- Engaging on local tax issues, including San Francisco’s gross receipts tax, Los Angeles County’s square-footage property taxes, and other broad-based tax proposals.
Membership in CalTax ensures that your priorities are advocated forcefully when we engage with the Legislature and tax agencies, and keeps you informed about how tax policy may affect your ability to live and do business in California.
You can help support our work by joining CalTax as a member. For more information on membership, contact Chloe Bowman at firstname.lastname@example.org