Protect Taxpayers Rights
We are working hard to defeat tax hikes that would increase the cost of living and operating businesses in California – but we can’t do it alone. Without financial support from taxpayers, we wouldn’t be able to conduct winning campaigns.
Threats facing California taxpayers in 2020 include:
- A property tax increase on the November ballot that would repeal Proposition 13 protections for many property owners throughout California, leading to higher taxes, higher prices for everyday purchases, and fewer jobs.
- Hundreds of local tax measures, including a property tax increase on the March ballot in Los Angeles that would hit homeowners, renters and businesses – further increasing the cost of living in one of the nation’s most expensive cities.
- A proposal to impose sales tax on services, in addition to the existing sales tax on items purchased from stores and food served in restaurants.
- An expensive single-payer healthcare proposal.
- Proposals to remove taxpayer protections from the California Constitution, paving the way for higher property taxes by reducing the vote needed for approval of local “parcel taxes” and bonds.
To join our fight for taxpayers’ rights and help us counter misleading campaigns funded by pro-tax special interests, please consider donating to the CalTax Issues Committee below.